The Perfect Snickerdoodles
Notice: So I already posted this recipe with a nice introduction and everything, however, my website had some difficulties so I’m going to get straight to the point and just share the recipe. 🙂 I hope you enjoy them!
THE PERFECT SNICKERDOODLES
- * 1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- * 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 C granulated sugar – set aside 1/4 cup for the cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon – set aside 1 tbsp for cinnamon sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – I usually use a little extra because I’m a vanilla fiend
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional: 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg – set aside 1/4 tsp for cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Melt butter and let cool while mixing dry ingredients
- Whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and (optional) nutmeg in a large bowl and set aside
- Mix the eggs and melted butter together, make sure butter is cool enough that it won’t cook your eggs while mixing together. Then add in vanilla
- Pour the egg mixture in with dry ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms
- Mix together the designated sugar, cinnamon and (optional) nutmeg in a shallow bowl
- Form the dough into 1-1.5 inch cylinders (imagine short and squat) and roll completely in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 12 on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake until set (I’ve found between 7 and 9 minutes is best)
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to baking sheet to cool completely. Repeat for remaining dough, letting the cookie sheet cool completely between batches
- Once cooled, transfer to airtight container
Like my snickerdoodles? Check out my last baking post about my awesome traditional Scottish shortbread!
Find me on Pinterest!